03 august 2005

Hibernate: Understanding Lazy Fetching

Hibernate: Understanding Lazy Fetching: I found last night a interesting and well explained Hibernate article on JavaLobby web site authored by R.J.Lorimer and since Hibernate is on my interest list....and I belive yours too..I publish here a link to it. Thank you, R.J.

Un comentariu:

Titan spunea...

I had the same problem. Hibernate documentation gives us a description of the two approaches. I chose the clean 2 tier/closed session approach, implemented mainly with Criteria not with Query, because you can state clearly the FetchMode you want for your members/properties. It certainly has some disadvantages like:
- eliminates the caching :( - a big performance hit here
- forces you to fetch data even if you don't need it OR complicates your data logic function ("To Fetch ..Or Not To Fetch? ... That Is The Question" - HiberHamlet by HiberTitan + a guy named Shakespeare)